Monday, March 25, 2013

You give love a bad name


My shopping diet, rather then shopping starvation in working amazingly well, this is week 4 and not only I havent strayed from the rules, I also feel like I'm indulging myself a lot more then before. The idea of having money, even a little of it, to spend solely on cheering myself up is so exciting, I find myself walking into stores, wondering around and leaving content without doing any shopping.

The first week of this was so intense I actually bought nothing. The second week, I almost didn't get anything either, but then I had 2 meetings in a row, that proved beyond a doubt that my makeup collection is lacking in one particularly area - non-black eye pencil.

One of the nicest advantages of working in fashion is that basically - there are no rules (unless you are wearing crocs) and so, usually I have no problem with heavy black liner and red lipstick for a 9:00 AM meeting. However, when I was trying to make myself presentable for a meeting with a techi and then a meeting with a TV producer, I didn't feel it was right to let loose on the drama.

And so, natural shadow and... I desperately wanted a brown or taupe liner. And so I found myself at Duane Reade again, looking through too many options, somehow leaving with 2 WNW Perfect Pair Eye Wand - a double sided pencil on one side and wider shadow stick on the other. One in bronze and taupe and one is 2 shades of blue.

Sadly, the only nice thing I can say about those is that they are 3.99 each. A nice price for 2 products that can, theoretically, create a whole eye look. However, the one I tried (bronze and Taupe are incredibly frosty (ad not in a nice way), very unimpressive pigmentation and crease after a few hours. Also, on my second use, the tip of the narrow side broke, and the shadow end just fell out!

You know how some people are real snobs when it comes to products? I think a lot of this snobbish attitude comes from trying a first product from a company, then ruling everything else out because that one experience was bad. If this would have been my first WNW buy, I'de probably avoid this company from now on.

1 comment: