Saturday, February 23, 2013

Operation Hobbit Feet

"their feet had tough leathery soles and were clad in a thick curling hair, much like the hair of their heads"
I don't know about curly, but my feet definitely took a turn for the hobbit in recent months. A combination of dryness, many hours in muddy dog run, wearing socks 24\7 and not showering as often in winter as I do in summer took their tole and my sole turned hard, flakey and itchy.

And so, it was time to do something about it, and so with the aid of a few new products, I manage to get them in vaguely presentable state.

Julep Foot Soak
I got this as a part of Julep New Years box, I was disappointed at first. This is not something I would ever buy for myself, my apartment doesn't have a bath and doing all kind of spa beauty treatments at home is not my style. 
However since I got it, I decided to give it a shot and I've been in love ever since. Yes, it soften the skin and feels real nice but what's utterly amazing about it is the salty orangey smell. I usually up a tea spoon   in a big bowl of water, soak for a bit, then use a little more to scrub the bottom of my feet.

After that, I spend about an hour with a foot file, I have one from Julep, but I'm not really all that impressed by it, and I think I might be in the market for something new soon. 

Burt's Bees Coconut foot cream 
One of the best buys I've made recently is Burt's Bees tips and toes set. For 13$ you get 5 travel size products and one full size (lip balm). I wanted the cuticle cream which I already know and love, and I knew the balm as well and it was a fun inexpensive way to try new things.

As it turned out, the rest of the products are just as excellent, especially the Almond Milk Hand Cream. The coconut foot cream looks really weird, it basically look, feels, smells and taste like honey with some coconut in it. So, it's rather sticky and does not absorb easy. It's a "put on under socks before you go to sleep" kind of cream. I'm not a huge fan of this method, but it really works and my feet are so much less dry now.

One of the hardest to six problems was grime, dead skin and other nasty stuff that get stuck between cuticle and nails. It's still not a 100% fixed, but a combination of a nail file and some Butter Lemon Cuticle Cream helped a lot.

I wanted this to be a "before and After" post, but I got too embarrassed with how my feet looked before, they are really not going to win any feet beauty pageants, if such a thing exist  and there's more work to be done, but at least I'm not embarrassed at taking pictures of them at the moment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment