Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bad, Better, Best


The search for a usable, inexpensive and pretty color brown eye pencil continues... it's just one of those things that since I noticed I'm lacking, I just couldn't live without.

My first attempt was very bad, it was WNW double sided automatic pencil, which was not pigmented, flakey, and creased a lot, then broke after I used it twice.
Price: $4

Second attempt was much better, a light golden brown that came as a part of a 5 pencils set from e.l.f. They are all quite shimmery, and could be a little more pigmented, but overall, it's pretty great. The shimmer doesn't show so much on my eyes, and the result is pretty casual, perfect for day time make up.
My main problem with it, is that I don't like eye pencils that needs to be sharpen, I always manage to drop them, and then unable to sharpen them without breaking the tip. I do like it that each pencil comes with a sharpener on the cap.

Price: $5 for the set (I got it for $2.5 because of e.l.f spring sale)

I could totally stick to the e.l.f pencil, but a walk through CVS and a very pretty display of Physician's Formula got me to by a set of 3 automatic pencils for brown eyes. BINGO! those are everything I wanted them to be! soft and opaque, easy to apply without mess. The black is very nice, the purple is OK but not pigmented enough, but the brown is absolutely amazing. Dark rich color, and stay on all day.
It's a little strange, since the company market those under "shimmer stripe" but on me, they all look matte.

I liked those so much I already got a second set. Now I want ll of them.

I wish they sold them separately, because each set has one black pencil and I don't need so many blacks, but considering that 3 pencils costs a little over half of one pencil from Urban Decay, maybe it's not the end of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment