Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Fever

Remember my rules for the shopping diet? I forgot to mention one rule which is sort of silly and personal, and I've been keeping it for so long I forgot to mention it.

I really don't like it when my husband smokes, for a million reasons. He stopped a few years back, but when he's stressed or when we have a big shoot, he'll ask me to go get him a pack. One of the many reason I hate this (aside of the obvious health reasons and the fact that it's stinking our home) is that it's such a tupid waste of money. So, in order to not get too annoyed I made up a rule which goes - if he spend $12.5 on a pack of cigarettes, I spend $12.5 on something silly and unnecessary.

And so, between being sick and not spending my beauty allowance and a pack of cigarettes my husband got for a shoot a couple of weeks back, I suddenly had $25 to spend.

I've been sick for almost 2 weeks now, and it sucks. Also, being that I'm mostly home in bed I didn't get to wear a lot of make up, or feel like I need anything in particular. However when E.L.F spring break sale it was just too good to pass.

So, this is what I got:
1) Mineral Foundation + brush - haven't tried this one yet, I do have one of E.L.F mineral foundation in a color that's great for summer but doesn't work for me now, and I love it.

2) 3 pieces mineral eyeshadow set - really pretty natural tones.

3) Zit Zapper & Concealer - Haven't tried this one either, I like my other E.L.F concealer and though I've never seem to have any luck with those zits products, I'll give it a shot.

4) 5 eye pencils set. Actually the main reason for the whole order, Since my failed attempat colorful eye pencils, I've been wanting to find and inexpensive alternative. I've tried the teal and the black, and though not as vivid as I might wish for, they glide really nicely, and very easy to use.

5) BlackBook EyeShadow set - I got it, cause the packaging is really cute. Yes, I admit it, it's pretty shitty, not very pigmanted palette. As with most cheap palettes, shimmer shadows seem better then matte. It's quite usable, and the colors are pretty, but nothing special or wonderful.

6) Natural palette, Haven't tried it yet, but that shadow seem to be slightly better then the BlackBook.





The special sale was half off everything in the spring collection. E.L.F is already super affordable, and the spring collection is already a little extra cheap, and so at 50%, the prices were really ridiculous. 

Natural palette was $3, Mineral Foundation and brush were $2.5, 3 mineral eyeshadows were $2.5, BlackBook was $3, concealer and zit zapper was $1.5 and pencils were $5.

With tax and shipping I paid for this giant care package to myself $24.17




As usual with E.L.F - some products are magical and some are crappy, but when it's that cheap, it's always fun to discover new cool things. Honestly, if the only great discovery from this spree will be the color pencils, I'm totalyl satisfied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment