Friday, May 17, 2013

Goodbye Dear Friend


Haven't had a finished product post in a while, but this morning I finally had to admit it, this Serum is out. I have been ignoring it for about a week now, blaming it on the pump or gravity or whatever, but I finally opened this elegant bottle and peered in. Yes, it's all gone. 

I felt a little cheated, The bottle is made of such heavy glass, I didn't feel any difference in the weight from full to empty, but checking my blog, I realized I opened this product about 3 and a half months ago, at a twice a day use, this lasted pretty well.

I'm rather new to Serums, but this was the best one I've tried yet. After Neutrogena Rapid Repair which was very nice and Ole Henriksen Truth Serum which was wonderful but very expensive, I anted to try something new and preferably something with Retinol in it. 

I have a great fondness to Roc, there's something about the combination of medical looking and luxury looking products that gets me every time. Also, this might be a justified fondness, because everything I tried from Roc was excellent.

The texture and smell, as all Roc products, is a little strange, and somewhat medical, this serum is slippery and the color of pus (sorry, can't find a better way of putting this), it spreads very well, and a little goes a long way. Even though it contains Retinol, I found it extremely hydrating. I'm not sure if it's this product or something else in my routine, but I feel like I'm seeing actual improvement in the texture of my skin in the past few months.

Will I buy this again? I just ordered a Reviva Lab Serum, because I was curious, and because I'm currently using a retinol night cream. However, if it doesn't work for me, I'm going to go back.

For me, spending $25 on one skin care product is a lot, however, this was well worth it. I'm also currently using a beautiful day cream (that smells like ash for some reason) and a neat little eye cream from Roc, both are very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment