Thursday, February 7, 2013

2012 favorites - eyes edition



Since I really just started wearing (and buying) makeup this year, I guess those can also be called “all time favorites”, however, since I do have a commitment issue as far as makeup goes, I’ll call it the 2012 most used eye products.
Wet & wild comfort zone pallet
I’ve got a massive amount of eyeshadow this year. It went from the the very very cheap - one of those 88 colors for 9$ from Coastal Scents to some more expensive Sephora Shadows, and topping at a small Lancome palette which I hated, and a cool gift of the Lorac chocolate box.  My favorite and by far the shadow I used the most was Wet and Wild Comfort Zone.
I love the colors, especially the 4 lighter shades but I used all of them. The amount of shimmer is just right for pretty lively look without looking too trashy, they are very easy to apply and blend and always look great.
How much: $5
Maybelline color tattoo cream shadow in Bold gold
Bold gold is my lazy eye make up. I apply it with a finger, it takes a second and looks great. I never thought I’d go for gold shadow, but it seem to be a really practical choice. If I want to do something more elaborate, this cream shadow makes a really great base for other colors. 
How much: $7-$9
Physician Formula gel creamliner - Glam collection for brown eyes
The idea of a cream liner seemed perfect for me, preciseness of liquid liner in an easier to use form, what’s not to love? especially since that classic cat’s eye is my favorite makeup look (which I have yet to master). However, we somehow got into a patchy start. I got Maybelline gel liner and somehow got a gray rather then black which made me think all those were very unpigmented. Then I decided to upscale to Tarte’s amazonian clay liner. It was nice and black but very hard to apply. So I gave up for a whole and then got Physician Formula 3 little gel liner collection. Better then Tarte’s texture, neater colors and there are 3 of them. I adore the black, love the copper and use the gold more like cream shadow then liner. 
How much: $11 for 3 little jars and a brush I never used. 
Korres Mascara 
I know mascara is supposed to be a must in any make up, but I rarely use any. First of all, no matter what I do, i always finds it’s way to smear on my glasses from the inside and second, I think it always makes me look tired. When I do use it, I use Korres, which separate and darkens the lashes without making too much a fuss about it.
How much: $18

No comments:

Post a Comment