Thursday, February 7, 2013

La Vie La Mort



It’s very hard to write anything about perfume, I guess I’m used to describing the way things look, or I can always add a picture, but since there are now scratch and sniff screens just yet, I’ll just have to do my best.
One of the things I got very excited about last Black Friday was the Sephora$10 kits, and the only reason I ordered 3 of them and an eyeshadow brush I didn’t need was a 3 mini perfumes from Tokyo Milk Dark series.
I’m not really such a dark person or much of a femme fatale. But I don’t really like wearing perfume and somehow what i’ve seen and smelled from Margot Elena was very non perfume like. 
The kit has 5 little rollons in BulletproofTainted Love and La Vie La Mort 
I like all 3, but the one that I’m finding myself going back to all the time is La Vie La Mort, it’s notes, according to Tokyo Milk site are: White Tuberose, Cardamom, Hibiscus Leaf, Jasmine And the scent is described, according to Sephora as: Mesmerizing. Inspirational. Dreamy.
I know what Jasmine and Cardamom smells like, and have no idea what the 2 other are, I do know that this perfume smells like flowers, but not sweet or romantic at all, and not really heavy. It manage to smell fresh without smelling citrusy or sour at all. I can smell the Jasmine when I apply it, with a hint of sweetness, but after about a minute,it changes and becomes this nice adult smell, which I guess I would expect to smell from fresh cut white simple flowers, rather then a heavy colorful bouquet.
What I mostly like about it, is that it doesn’t smell at all like perfume and the scent is very delicate and no one but me smells it unless we are hugging. I hate those lingering potent smells some people wear, it feels like an assault to be forced to be surrounded by someone else’s smell. 
How much: Full size is $36, I got 3 minis for $10
Will I buy again: I’ve been using all 3 for over a month and barely made a dent. Does anybody ever finish a bottle of fragrance?! When I do finish it, I’m sure I’ll buy it again.
Also - Please Sephora, do this again with the other fragrances in this series, I would love to try the rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment