Thursday, February 7, 2013

Out with the Old



I guess it’s the dry weather, because I’m finishing all my creams and moisturizers. #04 finished post is again, 2 products. They are very different in any way aside of the jars being the same color and both finished last night. 
The first is a ROC night cream, again a product I got through Klout Perks. I got in in the summer, used it for a couple of days, decided it was too rich and forgot about it, but then when the weather cooled off and I got all dried out, it turned out to be a wonderful product. It feels so nice on the face, I like the smell (somewhere between medical and floral), and not that it really matters, but I love the heavy milky glass jar, it’s just fun to use. 
I’m not sure what are the active ingredients, the packaging or the site doesn’t have anything about Retinol or hiloronic or vitamins, so I guess there’s no magic in it, it’s just a good night cream.
How Much: 25$ but I got it for free
Will I buy again? I have one more opened night cream, that I think will carry me through winter, I already got a new Serum because I liked this night cream so much, and I think I’ll try to find a less oily Roc night cream for summer. 
The second couldn’t be any more different, where Roc is a famous drugstore brand, nobody knows about Reviva Labs unless they are health fanatics or really into buying cosmetics online. Where Roc is Beautifully branded and packaged, Reviva Labs 5% Glycolic Acid cream comes in a generic cheap plastic jar with a really ugly label. And where Roc is mysterious, Reviva Labs is very open and in-your-face about what’s in the jar. 
This product came with a lot of warnings and was a little scary to start using, the 2 main points were to use it consistently, and to start gradually. It took me a couple of months, and I’m not quite sure if this is the cream, the change of weather or just being a bit more study with my beauty routines, but I am seeing a difference. Less pigmentation, skin feels softer and firmer, and I think my wrinkles are a little less noticeable, 
How Much: 18$ on iHerb or 14$ on VitaCost
Will I buy again? Already ordered the 10% version from VitaCost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment