Thursday, February 7, 2013

Color on the go



I always adore those “in the bag” posts some people do on their blogs. Not so much for the makeup collection, but for the courage to face the content of one’s bag. Mine is usually a big mess of paper, pens and other random items that somehow found their way in there.
But last week, an opportunity arise that forced me to clear out all the mess. Not to put too fine a point on it, I managed to drop my bag into dog poop.
So, as I emptied it, this came out - 2 shadow pallets, 2 foundation (why they are even there?!), 2 pressed powder, 3 lip balms, 6 lipsticks, small makeup brushes kit, concealer pen, nail polish (again, why?), black Kohl, blush stick, a couple of nail polish remover disposable towelettes and a small perfume.
I migrated to a new bag, then a different bag, then back to the original bag and I decided to try to carry around less makeup then before, there’s just no reason for it.
And so, I left a press powder foundation, concealer and the nail polish remover. As for color, I’m trying to get by with a little natural palette from NYX, A blush stick from E.L.F, Revlon Siren and a mini Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose
Non of those is especially creative or wonderfully pigmented or even versatile. However, I can make myself presentable on the subway or a coffeeshop on the way to a meeting. 
I’m not quite sure how much time this will last, but it’s nice not to lug around all that stuff with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment