Thursday, February 7, 2013

2012 favorites - Face edition



Warning - there are going to be a lot of E.L.F products here… I’m disappointed with their lips products, really hate their nail polish, indifferent to most of their eyes products, but LOVE LOVE LOVE their face products.
Maybelline BB cream - in LightI was very unimpressed with this to begin with, it made me look pale and a little gray, and didn’t have any lasting power. Then winter came, and for when I’m not sweating and a little pale, this is perfect. It feels like moisturizer,even skin tone and looks completely natural. 
How much: $9
E.L.F Mineral Foundation in BeigeI have the opposite problem with this E.L.F mineral foundation, I bought it at the end of the summer, and so now it’s a little too dark for me, it still makes me look a bit more lively and less pale now, but I’m sure that next time I’m ordering from E.L.F I’m going to get the same foundation in a lighter tone.
This is my first real experience with loose foundation, so I don’t really have anything to compare  bu I find it easy to use, the finish is natural looking mat finish and though fade after 6-7 hours, it fades gradually and doesn’t leave and markings or patches. 
How Much: $5 (bought in a 50% Mineral line for $2.5)
E.L.F High Definition loose powder 
This stuff is great. I use it to set foundation, keep lipstick from bleeding or fading and sometimes, if I don’t feel like putting any foundation on, just a light brush keep my face from getting too shiny.
I also have a little sample of MUFE HD microfinish powder, the texture looks finner in the container, but aside of that, I haven’t noticed any differences.  
How Much: $6 (bought in a 50% Studio line for $3)
E.L.F Zit Zapping Concealer
I don’t know about the zit zapping part, but this is the easiest concealer to apply I ever came across -  I love the sponge applicator, it’s easy to blend and covers most blemishes. 
How Much: $2
Sepora Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer 
I got 2 samples of this, used one and now started on the second. It’s the onlysilicone primer I’ve tried that doesn’t make me break out.  
How Much: $15
Coastal Scents Flush Blush
I wrote about this before. It came in a surprise box and since I got it, I haven’t really used any other blush.  
How Much: $20, which is a lot for blush, I’d probably not buy this again in this pric, but I’m super happy to have it. 
My next face product buy happened today, it’s Revlon Photoready foundation. I feel like I need a bit more cover, especially for work meeting days. What I want next? I think a full coverage concealer, maybe This

No comments:

Post a Comment