Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Out with the old - we are #1


Yay! I finished my "don't buy anything till I finish 10 products" project. It was mostly an epic fail, because I did not stop shopping, however I learned some things about my shopping habits that I'll share later on. Somehow shitload of stuff got finished at the same time (for various reasons...) and I was happy to put it all in one garbage bag and take it outside.

Duane Reade Nail Polish Remover 
I can't find any information about it on their website, maybe they stopped making it, or maybe it's just such an insignificant product there's no reason to mention it. It's a generic, cheap and does what it's supposed to. I don't really notice any difference between different polish removers.

How much: Around $3
Buy again: maybe I guess it depends on what pharmacy I'll find myself in next.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
I'm so sad to see this one goes. Plus it's mostly due to my own clumsiness, I somehow manage to break the lipstick and it all fall into the bottom of the cap, I've been scraping what's left from the bottom with a bobby pin for the past week, but now, even that's gone and I need to let it go.
As I mentioned before, I adore this product, it's wonderfully hydrating, yummy and feels amazing on the lips. I'de be ecstatic to get it as a gift, however, the price tag is too steep for me.

How Much: $22.5
Buy Again: Not unless I win the lottery

Ole Henrikson 3 little wonders mini set
As mentioned before, I got this at Sephora Black Friday Sale - a sample kit for $10. I've been using it for 2 weeks till all the products run out and I have to admit, it's excellent in every single way. My skin looked and felt just great. I've always believed that the main difference between low and high end skin products is the price tag, but this kit made me reconsider.

I especially adore the truth serum which is hydrating, softening, refreshing and smells beautiful, but I loved everything. The best thing about those products is that they are hydrating without being oily at all, so perfect for me dry but acne prone skin.

How Much: $70 for the whole kit, $101 if you buy each product separately, $48 for just the serum
Buy Again: The 10 products experiment made me reconsider the whole way I shop. If I manage to hold on to some changes, then yes.

Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover 
I have no recollection of ever buying this, so either it was free with buying something else, or a makeup artist left it here, I don't know. The best thing I can say about this is that it, indeed remove eye and face make up. However, so does baby oil, which I suspect is what's in the bottle.
This is very oily, after using it I had to scrub my face to remove the access oil. There's still a little left in the bottle, but I'm so sick of this greasy product, it's time to get rid of it,

How Much: $6
Buy Again: NO!

Burt's Bees Coconut and Honey Foot Cream
Just wrote about this in my last post. It's sticky, smells like honey and really works. The little travel size tube had enough cream for about 7 uses.

How Much: $9
Buy again: It's great, but I'm not su crazy for the coconut smell, I think I'll try their peppermint foot cream next.

No comments:

Post a Comment