Thursday, February 7, 2013

2012 favorites - Lips edition



My beauty idol for the year is for sure Michelle Harper. It’s not the hair (which is great) the innovative sense of style (which I adore), or what looks like the coolest life imagined. It is, those amazing mat perfect red lips.
I really want to have those all the time. Sadly, I’m not so good with make up, I’m very bad at remembering to fix it every couple of hours, and the ultimate worst - I always get some on my teeth.
So, lip-wise, this year was about a) learning how to do the red mat lips, and b) trying to find a more practical lip solution.
CoverGirl LipPerfection in HOT9 times out of 10, which I wanted to do the red lips, this was my to-go lipstick. the color is perfect - red with just a shadow of a hint of orange, if I blot 3 times and powder, it will stay on for 4-5 hours or til I eat. I do however, almost always get some on my teeth.
How Much: $7
E.L.F Lip Lock Pencil
I hate lip liner and everything to do with using it. However, this product is pretty brilliant. It’s a wax pencil that’s invisible but keep the lipstick from sliding out of the lips and into the wrinkles around the mouth.
How Much: $3, but I got it for $1.5 when E.L.F had a 50% all products. 
L’Oreal Infallible LipColour in ApricotOne of my first attempt at practical lip solution. I took this with me for a very stressful week of family funeral (and feud) this lip color is more reliable, forgiving and less fussy then some of my relatives…
It’s sticky for about 30 seconds after applied, then dry into an unmovable dry coat, unless I eat something greasy. The color is very flattering, though not at pigmented or as mat as I would like it to be.
The moisturizer part is OK, nothing exciting, it smells nice.
How Much:$12 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in RomanticAnother attempt at practicality. strangely enough, it is very much the opposite of the product above. No durability, sort of shiny and sheer, and very easy to apply and reapply. So much so, that though I’m not so crazy for this see-through color, it became my purse lip product, I even took out the lip balm to motivate myself to use more color, once my lipstick for the day is gone.
Ho how I wish this had some more pigment in it.
How much: $9
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose
Best lip thing ever. No really, it is the best. No real color to speak of, but very moisturizing, taste yummy, leave lips softer and more beautiful then anything I can think of (yes, Jack Black included…) I got a mini for my birthday from Sephora, which was amazing. The only sad thing about this is the price tag…
How Much: $22.50 (for a lip balm?!!!)
I think my next lip product is going to be either MAC Russian Red, or I might just have to go crazy and spend the money on the Fresh Sugar Treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment