Thursday, February 14, 2013

Julep Hollywood Icons February Box



This box marks my 3 month Julep membership. I joined at their Christmas special (one free box for any subscription). I got to say, this was quite a ride and I had the best of times. It's everything I like about a beauty box - fun surprise in the mail, opportunity to try new things, fun anticipation and a vibrant community without all the things I don't like - disappointment, getting stuff I don't want or use, and difficulties in skipping \ canceling a box.

It was really fun to see what surprises each box will bring, even something small like hair ties or chocolate makes the whole experience feel so much more fun. There were a few things I used a lot and a few I didn't use at all (brown Marcara, I'm talking about you) but overall, I liked everything I got, I love the polish itself and ever since I signed up, I barely used any of my other polishes. 

The one thing that's slightly difficult for me is that between special price add-ons, a secret store for members that's open for 3 days to of the month, surprise boxes and other special sales, it's just too tempting to keep ordering more and more stuff fro them. I mean - I just got an add-on polish, even though I have at least 5 that I haven't tried yet. I don't think there was even one months out of the 3 in which I just paid for the $20 box and cut it at that.



The box came packed inside in black and gold and looked really festive and glamorous, it contained 2 nail polishes, Ingrid and Julianne, The new Oxygen nail treatment and the new Freedom top coat as well as 2 chocolate hearts and a cute little lash curler. Value for money, this is a pretty amazing deal. If I go by Julep prices on their site it's 44$ worth of product, not including the lash curler for $20. I'm not sure that I would buy an Oxygen treatment if it weren't in the box, but I like having it.




Will I sign up for Julep Maven Box again? I can't make up my mind. On one end, it's so much fun and I love the wait and the excitement and that little bit of histeria around new products and special sales. On the other end, after 3 months, I have so much polishes I haven't used yet or used only once, and I think I should use some of that before putting more money in new nail polish. 

I guess I'll have to wait and see what's in the March box to decide what's next.

Over all, this is one of the coolest services I've even encountered  it's so much fun and I recommend it to anybody who like painting their nails. 



How Much: $20 per month

Buy again: Probably yes



No comments:

Post a Comment