Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cheap Thrills - Jackpot!



Still reviewing products from my 5$ Duane Reade shopping binge and trying to decide if this was just craziness or if even in just picking stuff almost blindly and paying for them went better then I thought…
THe first experience was OK but not what I expected, the second was a total disaster, and on Friday I finally had a chance to check the 3rd. 

Trying to finish or even make a dent in 1 foundation, 2 BB creams, mineral powder foundation and a CC cream, there seem to be no reason to buy any new foundation for quite sometime, however, I seem to be getting more and more pale as the winter progresses and now the CC cream makes me look like I’m sunburnt, BB cream looks like a tanning salon accident and the foundation makes me look like an alien. 
And so, one of the things I picked was Maybelline Fit me Foundation in Buff Beige. An impulsive spree is probably the worst way to pick up foundation, especially drugstore foundation which can’t be swatched in store. However I think I did a good job, I don’t think the shade is too dark for me, which makes this a win! 
This is a classic liquid foundation, the bottle does not have a pump, which is a serious draw as far as I’m concerned, both for hygiene and color oxidizing, and because I always pour too much and make a mess.
It’s not one of those natural looking skin base, but a full coverage foundation. It covered a lot of the pigmentation and acne scars I usually have to use concealer for, and made my face that are in a horrible state right now, look almost presentable. 
I used a stippling brush and powder over it or setting, before going out, at about 7:00PM, went to 3 art opening, one of which was incredibly crowded, over heated and sweaty, got hom at about 11:00, and the make up look just about the same as it did when applied.
Overall, I’m very happy to have foundation that offer more coverage and doesn’t make me look like a burn victim. 
How Much? $8, but I paid $1
Will I buy again? It’s excellent, but I have 2 unopened foundations aside of all the open containers, so probably, not anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment